Should I Switch to LED Lighting?
There is a lot of discussion at the moment about the benefits of switching to LED lighting. Although many people are still wary about making the move to this new technology, the amount of people who are making the leap shows that it is definitely becoming a popular choice. If you are thinking of adding LED lights to your home, here are the things you need to know.
- LED stands for light-emitting diode and is one of the most energy efficient lighting forms.
- Residential LED bulbs use at least 75% less energy than incandescent lighting
- They also last 25 times longer!
- LED Lights are cooler than normal incandescent lights, reducing the risk of burnt fingers when you change the bulb!
- LED lights are used in a variety of applications from residential homes to traffic lights.
- LED’s contain no mercury therefore have a smaller environmental impact that their incandescent rivals
- In 2012 49 million LED lights were installed in the US, saving around $675 million in energy costs per year.
If you are thinking of adding LED lighting to your home, make sure you take a look at the full range available at Castlegate Lights. Are you already a fan? Get in touch via our Facebook or Twitter page to let us know why you made the switch.